random-read

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

You have to stop me..

Lately I noticed, if somebody ask how my daughter is doing..
Thats it..
"Shes doing this.."
"Shes doing that.."
"You know one time.. she was..."
"I cant believe she did that thing..."
"Its amazing, how she can do this.., being so small..."
Blah blah blah blah..BLAAAAAAAh

Well, Im like any other parent (atleast who had their first). If you ask, then you have to listen. If Im with my wife, then you have nowhere to escape (unless, you have an emergency and your arm is broken, on the side of the road. We will carry the arm with you in the ambulance, but on the side we will be talking..)
Im really sorry, but sometimes, its unstoppable. So, its your duty, to 'STOP' us. Or ask some other question.. (Did I see any movie, when are we going to India, Or did I get her passport (this should stop me! I've been postponing this for a while now!) or start talking about your baby, if you have one.
Lately, Im (Not 'we are') controlling myself.. but, If I havent.. then its up to you to 'STOP' me/us.

2 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Meera Manohar said...

Haha!! Good one Shanki..


Yeah, I can kind of relate to what you are saying having been with new/2nd time parents for almost a decade now. But guess, children occupy such an important place that it's mostly welcome by pals unless they hate children which I doubt :)

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger nourish-n-cherish said...

Yeah shanki, We have to make a conscious decision to stop rambling proudly :)

I now understand why my parents were always beaming and boasting about us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home